Wednesday, July 28, 2010

JALAPEÑO & CHEDDAR


9.5/10

Jalapeño & Cheddar is a flavor not to be found in New York; I had to go abroad for this one. With that said, it's not really a huge leap from Late Night Jalapeño Popper, which is also available here in Montreal. I was excited to eat these even before I opened the bag because Doritos does a good job with its jalapeño flavor, and, indeed, this was no exception.

The arm on the left side of the picture belongs to Julia, and she, an impartial "participant," agreed that these were very tasty. They're slightly less spicy/jalape
ño-y and slightly more cheesy than Jalapeño Popper, but apart from that they are a minimal variation on two classics (the other being Nacho Cheese), which puts them in good stead. To say the least I am a fan. You can taste a hint of the jalapeño in what otherwise would probably taste like Nacho Cheese, and, like putting pepper or parmesan cheese on a slice of pizza, adds a little something which I rather enjoy. I have enjoyed sharing a big bag of these very much, and would buy again (in Montreal) if I don't feel like the "bold" awesomeness of Jalapeño Popper, which I maintain is the best flavor of Dorito.

With that noted, Julia and I have noticed that Quebec is devoid of both Blazin' Buffalo Ranch and Cool Ranch. Is "ranch" not something Canadians are familiar with/in love with? Does ranch occupy the same heart-area that those up north save for poutine? "Probably not."

Anyway, stay tuned, I have small bags of "Bold BBQ," which comes in the same color bag as Spicy Sweet Chili (US) and "Spice 2.0," which might be somewhat unpleasant. Oh well, sacrifice!

No comments:

Post a Comment