Wednesday, June 9, 2010

1ST DEGREE BURN: BLAZIN' JALAPEÑO


8.0/10

Well, I haven't really done a proper review of a new flavor in a couple of months, and it's really been bothering me lately. I guess it's been a combination of two things: the last two flavors I reviewed (2nd Degree Burn: Fiery Buffalo and Late Night Cheeseburger) were the two most revolting flavors I'd ever reviewed, and I've been extremely busy as of late. Anyway, whatever the true reason, it's been a while, and as such, when I saw these in a supermarket, I picked 'em up.

I will say that these are tasty. For some reason, Doritos' jalapeño flavor is incredible, and they put a lot of that flavoring into these chips. Late Night Jalapeño Popper is a flavor for the ages, so I'm pleasantly surprised that these follow in that vein, but are for the more "hardcore."

Because of my hunger when eating this bag, I actually have gotten through them pretty fast, so my analysis of these is a little rushed: the initial flavor is very good, but like the rest of their "spicy" flavors, the "spice" hits like a wall. Either my memory is hazy or this is actually the case, but the spice isn't quite as painful as it was with Fiery Buffalo, which obviously works in its favor. This is probably only this particular bag, but I notice an extra-strong corn taste too, which is actually a breath of fresh air. I may honestly go for these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment