Friday, March 26, 2010

2ND DEGREE BURN: FIERY BUFFALO


4.5/10

After the review of Cheeseburger Doritos earlier this week, I thought I would be out of the game for a while. I initially gave those things a pretty decent score (I guess), but in the short period afterwards, I felt pretty bad, and for approximately the next 24 hours, the thought of eating more than I had (about 1/3 of the big bag) made me recall similarly bad feelings. They tasted all right, but in hindsight, they were just not good Doritos.

However, I walked into a gas station today and saw these babies. I had not heard of them before, and the package looked somewhat different from "normal" or "Late Night" Doritos, so I paid a dollar for them without a second thought. I never even drew a parallel between 2nd Degree Burn: Fiery Buffalo and Fiery Habanero, which I had a pretty unpleasant experience with a few posts back.

Anyway, I'm about ten chips in right now. My nose is running like it was with Fiery Habanero, but this time even the initial taste isn't very good. Unfortunately, it doesn't taste anything like the awesome Blazin' Buffalo; if anything, it tastes like Spicy Sweet Chili. Then the spice hits and it's just a wall of "spice." I do not recommend these, although at some point I'm interested to see if they similarly botched "1st Degree Burn: Blazin' Jalapeno."

No comments:

Post a Comment