Tuesday, January 12, 2010

LATE NIGHT LAST CALL JALAPENO POPPER


9.9/10

The holy grail of Doritos. These things are beyond delicious- they actually taste sort of like jalapeno poppers. This is, so far, my favorite variety; I am subtracting 0.1 points because I someday hope Doritos can improve on this, but I doubt they will and I might bump this score up to a 10 soon. They're slightly spicy, but not TOO spicy (like Fiery Habanero). Again, I must stress that they have a distinct taste, unlike a lot of varieties of perfectly acceptable Doritos. Flavors like this are why I love Doritos, and I bet these things would be just as great with a sandwich, if not better. I should become an expert in sandwich-Dorito pairings. That is a fantastic idea.

Anyway, I cannot recommend Late Night Last Call Jalapeno Popper Doritos highly enough. Frito-Lay has struck gold, and I would write them if they were ever to discontinue them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are obviously the best Doritos ever. They are probably even good enough to make up for them pulling Doritos 3-Ds (that might have been like 10+ years ago, but whatever, I'm still brooding over it).

    I'm pretty sure these were spicier when they were still in the weird matte bag, though. The ones I've had since they moved to the shiny packaging seem milder, and I think I liked them a little better before.

    Have I mentioned that this blog is basically a perfect mirror of my life?

    ReplyDelete